About Julian Davis
An experienced Interim Manager with over 25 years experience across various sectors including:
- Investment banking
- Consumer banking
- Business & consumer finance
With experience of leading teams of 150 staff, and managing budgets in excess of £25m, typical assignments have included:
- IT Transformation Programme Manager - running a programme of change for this leading insurance company, covering a review of ITIL processes, workflow automation through a new ITSM tool and the consolidation and outsource of 5 disparate service desks.
- Head of IT - fulfilling an interim role following a organisational restructure for a large high street retail organisation who also provide financial products. With a heavily outsourced model, this involved working with the SIAM provider to govern the supply chain.
- Head of IT Service Delivery - leading a team of 150 IT professionals to provide IT service and operations for this reinsurance organisation.
- Migration Programme Manager - running the design, development and execution of the migration of 5m current accounts onto a new SAP platform for this national building society
- IT & Business Change Director - gap management for a role left vacant by a resignation within this financial advice company. As the executive team had recently changed, they wanted an interim to fulfill the position whilst they considered the future structure for the organisation.
- Programme Director - managing the IT separation of a UK subsidiary company from its' global insurance parent, resulting in new outsourced arrangements, a complete refresh of the company infrastructure, and a reduction in IT operating costs of 50%.
- Head of Group IT - this Japanese owned finance house wished to change its' operating model from 5 independant business units, to a model offering shared services across the UK organisation. Managed the transition from a disparate set of IT support teams to a single IT shared service function for the Group.
All roles typically involve elements of organisational change, business change, risk management, cost reduction, IT service delivery, strategic planning and delivering value from IT